- This event has passed.
Neuro Startup Challenge Info. Session & Reception
09/02/2014 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Participate in the International Neuro Startup Challenge!
The National Cancer Institute, the Heritage Provider Network, and the Avon Foundation are seeking teams to participate in a new Startup Challenge competition for sixteen of the NIH’s promising inventions in the neuroscience space (including therapies for cognitive disorders, models and treatment for traumatic brain injury, therapeutics for brain cancer, MRI improvements). This is an excellent opportunity to work with your colleagues at the business and law schools to develop a business plan for, and potentially build a company around, these exciting technologies.
This competition is designed to:
1. Advance commercially viable neuroscience research to positively impact health
2. Produce start-ups, stimulate economic growth, and license inventions to start-ups
3. Ignite innovation and entrepreneurship within universities with cross-disciplinary teams (Teams will be comprised of students from medicine, law, business, and graduate)
4. Engage seasoned entrepreneurs and scientists as mentors for each team
To participate and learn more about this unique opportunity, do the following:
1. Send a note of interest to Steven Susalka at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attend the information session and reception on September 2 from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Wake Forest Biotech Place. We will begin assembling interdisciplinary teams (business, law, medicine) and mentors at this time. Please RSVP for this event by emailing email@example.com by Friday August 29th.
3. Go to: http://www.neurostartupchallenge.com/ for more information.