- This event has passed.
The Law of Raising Money
11/03/2015 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Attention Startups (and anyone who’s interested in learning how to raise capital)!
Flywheel is happy to announce that we are the host of the Wake Forest School of Law’s Community Law & Business Clinic! The Law of Raising Money is a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of the laws around raising money. Held collaboratively with the North Carolina Secretary of State’s Office, this discussion will focus on the following topics:
- Ideas of how to raise capital in your business legally, without becoming a publicly traded company
- Receive tips on how to avoid running afoul of the SEC when raising capital in your business
- The current state of crowdfunding, and how the JOBS Act at the Federal and State level has changed it
- Explanation of Reg A +, Rule 506, and the new rules regarding accredited investors
- Discussion of some of the legal traps that snag some crowdfunding campaigners
- Testing of the audience’s capital campaign IQ with a short Q and A.