A Conference Center and More
When the $100 million Wake Forest Biotech Place opened in February 2012, it created a buzz. Not only is it a state-of-the-art building in technology and research space—and a converted former tobacco warehouse at that—but its conference space would be available to those in need. It is available to tenants of Biotech Place free of charge and tenants of the Innovation Quarter at a reduced rate. Highlights include:
- A multi-purpose atrium that has a four-story glass ceiling and a 14-foot Christy video wall and surround-sound system. Its 7,500 square feet can hold as many as 500 people.
- Fifteen meeting rooms, including eight board rooms, five flexible rooms, an auditorium with seating for 120 people and three rooms capable of video teleconferencing.
- Each room has a projection system for multimedia presentations.
- Every conference room has audio teleconferencing capabilities.
Additional Tenant Amenities
- Advanced telecommunications infrastructure with a fiber optic ring running throughout Innovation Quarter.
- Tax incentives, grants, loans and consulting available through government and non-profit support.
- Facilitated workforce development opportunities.
- Roundtables, seminars and events that create an environment for the dynamic exchange of entrepreneurial and technical ideas.
- Communications channels such as a tenant advisory council, tenant orientations and surveys, social and networking events, a newsletter, joint marketing, trade shows, and website and electronic news flashes so tenants can build and enhance their professional and personal networks.
- Cafe Brioche Dorée – A full-service European style café serving pastries, sandwiches, salads, desserts, coffee, beer, wine and more. The café is open from 7:30 am to 3 pm, Monday to Friday, and caters events at Wake Forest Biotech Place and throughout the Innovation Quarter.
- Event planning assistance.
- Shared indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
- Entrepreneurial counseling and training.
- Government and non-profit support (tax incentives, grants, loans, consulting).
- Capacity planning – consultation and collaboration with local developers.
Convenient and Cost Effective Travel
- Discounted hotel rates for tenants and visitors at nearby Kimpton Cardinal Hotel, Wingate Inn and Hawthorne Inn. Contact each for more information.
- Convenient to major highways including I-40, I-85, I-77, and future I-74.
- Less than 30 minutes from Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro; also served by the private Smith Reynolds Airport in Winston-Salem just 10 minutes away.
- About 90 minutes each from Raleigh-Durham or Charlotte Douglas international airports.