Find What You Love in Bailey Park
Designed for the community to enjoy, Bailey Park is a place to take a break from life’s daily grind. It’s a place to soak up the sunshine, enjoy the fresh air and relax with friends, family, classmates or colleagues. Whether on a weekday or the weekend, you can always find a host of people walking, lounging or playing in the park.
Bailey Park is 1.6 acres of publicly-accessible green space intentionally designed for every kind of park-goer. During the lunch hour, you’ll find people drawn by enticing smells from locally-owned food trucks. Movie-lovers make their way to the Innovation Quarter for regular viewings of fan-favorite films. Fitness gurus and beginners alike join each other on the lawn for free yoga. Festivals and events—such as Gears & Guitars and Juneteenth Festival—often fill the space with friends, families and furry friends looking for weekend fun. The possibilities abound in this urban green space, complete with a natural amphitheater, hard seating and open lawn space.
The Heart of the Innovation Quarter
The 1.6-acre urban green space provides a flexible outdoor “living room” for those who live, work and play in the Innovation Quarter. Bailey Park hosts a variety of free community activities, from yoga and film screenings to food trucks and festivals. These events make use of the park’s amenities, which include a covered stage, restroom facilities, a food truck court and a large grassy lawn.
But the park is for more than events. You’re invited to grab a book, Frisbee, or picnic blanket and find your spot. Whether you need a hangout with friends, a workout to sweat out the day’s stress or a place to feel some grass between your toes, consider Bailey Park your resource for relaxation.
What You Need to Know
- Hours: Bailey Park is open daily from 7 am to dusk.
- Restrooms: Bailey Park is equipped with regularly maintained bathrooms that include two men’s and two women’s toilets, both of which are handicap accessible.
- Security: Security in Bailey Park is managed by Sunstates Security. Bailey Park has three emergency call stations that connect directly to the Winston-Salem Police Department and multiple security cameras.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available in Baily Park by joining the IQGuest network.
Rules & Regulations
- No Smoking: Bailey Park is a tobacco-free zone.
- Sports: Organized team sport activities are prohibited in Bailey Park. Bicycle riding, skating and skateboarding are not permitted, except on perimeter sidewalks.
- Waste: Please keep Bailey Park clean by placing all recyclable and waste materials in the appropriate receptacles.
- Landscaping: Please enjoy open areas and lawns without entering the flowerbeds or plantings. Please do not pick flowers.
- Pets: Pets must remain leashed at all times. Bailey Park reserves the right to restrict pet activity in certain areas. Please clean up after your pet; three pet-waste stations are available for your convenience. Please keep pets out of flower and plant beds.
- Demonstrations: The Innovation Quarter believes in supporting inclusive spaces. We kindly ask that protests and demonstration requests of any kind follow our reservation protocol with advance notice. These requests are subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that while publicly accessible, Bailey Park is a privately owned park.
The Evolution of Bailey Park
Although once a mass of steam pipes, power lines and a parking lot, Bailey Park visionaries saw it as the perfect way to fulfill the community’s need for a central gathering place in the growing innovation district. Today, Bailey Park is an integral piece of the Innovation Quarter that fits naturally into the heart of the district, but that didn’t happen overnight. When it opened fully to the public in 2015, it had been more than ten years in the making.