Office and Lab Space for Lease
Renting Office Space in the iQ
The Innovation Quarter is home to a slew of renovated 20th-century factories and new developments that house millions of square feet in innovative office, laboratory and educational space. From small start-ups to large companies, a variety of businesses form the growing knowledge community here. Explore our different types of office and lab spaces available to find the right fit for your business.
Sometimes Growth is About Picking the Right Spot
And we have plenty to choose from. Although each building has its own character and appeal—all tenants in the Innovation Quarter receive the benefits of:
- 24-hour on-site building security
- 24-hour building access
- Exclusive, tenant-only events and activities
- Advanced telecommunications infrastructure
- Parking for tenants, employees and their visitors
- Security escorts
- Access to Biotech Place and Bailey Power Plant conference centers
- Landscaping & service maintenance
- Leases starting at six months
Available Office and Lab Space
At 234,000 square feet, the five-story building features a mix of lab and office space for tenants, as well as a soaring atrium. Building tenants are a mix as well, including educational programs, biotech companies, advertising agencies and more.
- Large office space of 10,060 square feet
Bailey Power Plant
The former R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company’s coal-fired power plant is now the five-story Bailey Power Plant. The 110,800 square-foot building houses office space for companies with one employee or many, as well as entertainment and retail space.
- Office suites and private and semi-private offices ranging from 204–2,457 square feet
- Shell spaces range from 3,280–15,058 square feet
The redeveloped Bailey South finishes out the redevelopment of the Bailey Power Plant block. The 75,000 square-foot building has six floors with offices for leasing, new restaurants and retail space. A repurposed railway now serves as a pedestrian bridge that links 4th Street to the Coalpit and Bailey Power Plant.
- Office space ranging from 2,359–8,700 square feet
- Retail space ranging from 1,148–8,700 square feet (may be subdivided)
One Technology Place
Space at One Technology Place provides a combination of office and laboratory space for scientific companies. With almost 20,000 square feet of lab and office space on the 4th floor and more than 2,000 square feet of office space on the 1st floor, there’s room for companies to grow. However, there is no space available for lease in One Technology Place at this time.
Wet Lab LaunchPad at the Dean Building
The Wet Lab LaunchPad provides affordable laboratory space with an urban lifestyle for emerging companies. Space consists of approximately 2,000 rentable square feet of office and lab space located on the 1st floor. Companies have access to common areas, including a courtyard and conference and break rooms; however, there is no space available for lease in One Technology Place at this time.