- This event has passed.
Virtual: American Harp Academy at UNSCA
June 21, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on June 22, 2020 at 8:00 am
One event on June 23, 2020 at 8:00 am
One event on June 24, 2020 at 8:00 am
One event on June 25, 2020 at 8:00 am
One event on June 26, 2020 at 8:00 am
UNCSA will host the Virtual American Harp Academy led by world-class performers and dedicated teachers, Maria Luisa Rayan (Argentina) and Jacquelyn Bartlett (UNCSA Artist Faculty), June 21 – 26, 2020.
The Virtual American Harp Academy (AHA) is the perfect home-based option for harpists seeking the creative and collaborative spirit of a UNCSA summer intensive in the comfort of your own home. AHA believes in “nurturing the artist within the harpist,” and offers a customized virtual harp program to inspire and guide you to artistic freedom. Join us this summer to focus on your goals in a nurturing, supportive environment and to meet and hear harpist peers from around the country. Our expectations for this virtual session are the same as if you were to attend a summer session in person.
All skill levels welcome, ages eleven to adult.
- Structured, daily sessions in Eastern time zone
- Balanced schedule includes masterclasses, seminars and individual practice each day
- Small group sessions of approximately five students per instructor to blend personalized learning with time to socialize
- Optional virtual private lessons with master teachers for an additional fee
- High-speed Internet
- Computer with webcam and word processing capabilities
- Audio/Visual recording device (ex. iPhone, iPad, video camera, external microphone)
- Quiet, well-lit learning environment conducive to listening, learning, practicing and performing
- Harp, bench, music stand, metronome, tuning equipment and extra strings
- Notebook and pencils
- Two prepared, memorized harp solos
- One new solo that is in the process of learning