Updates from iQ

Latest Community Articles

People of the Innovation Quarter: Meet Scott Rushing

Sun pours in the glass windows of Scott Rushing’s office in 525@vine. I find the director of research information systems for Public Health Sciences fiddling with a golf putter in his office against the backdrop of some pretty amazing clouds visible out the window that…

People of the Innovation Quarter: Meet Jennifer Chan-Huang

Some of the questions we ask for the People of the Innovation Quarter may sound easy, but they’re actually quite difficult to answer. Take this one, for example. I asked Jennifer Chan-Huang, “What personal accomplishment makes you the most proud?” Jennifer thinks deliberately. The pause…

Winston-Salem as a National Cycling Hub

Hills are made for cycling. They’re a good starting point for understanding how Winston-Salem is emerging as an international cycling hub. This transformation is embodied in the Winston-Salem Cycling Classic that takes place over Memorial Day weekend and attracts 3,000 professional and amateur riders and…

Allan Younger Advocates for Small Biz

As one of the fastest growing urban innovation districts in the United States, Wake Forest Innovation Quarter brings a vast array of people from all walks of life to the same patch of innovation heaven. More than 3,100 people work here, along with 2,000 students…

From the President: We Hear Tomorrow Coming

The passing of music icon David Bowie brought an outpouring of memories of his music, his style and his shape-shifting persona. But amidst the tributes and retrospectives, one snapshot stood out to me as indicative of not only who Bowie was as an artist, but…

Remembering the Past to Shape the Future

Read how the Innovation Quarter partnered with local groups to commemorate the history around the former tobacco factories.  Winston-Salem’s history as a center of the tobacco industry from the late 1800s through the end of the 20th century is well-documented. Some of the history you…

Posts navigation